Does creating a website sound difficult? I will share with you a simple easy-to-follow method on how to create your website for free without any coding or knowledge of html.
The answer is simply to use a free website builder.
What is a Website Builder?
It is platform for you to build up your website without any technical coding. Most website builders work in a drag-and-drop way, so if you know how to use the keyboard and mouse, you can build your website.
Many people nowadays use wordpress to build their websites because as it is easy to use and has lots of useful features to suit all their requirements.
So, what’s the best free website builder for wordpress?
What Do You Need To Know About Creating Websites?
There are a few things you need to decide on first.
- Your niche – what your website is going to be about, who is it for and what are you going to sell?
- Your domain name – which is closely tied in with your niche
- Hosting for your website (free vs paid hosting and how to choose the best hosting package – read my article here)
What Kind of Work Do You Need To Do?
For a website to be successful, you need to put in effort, this is the kind of work you will be doing to maintain your website:
1. Write articles – anything and everything related to your niche
2. Source for relevant images to make your article more interesting
Make sure to use CC0 (Creative Common) images that do not have copyright or royalty issues attached to avoid having legal troubles.
Here are some places to get free images:
(i) Google images
3. Communicating with the readers of your blog and visitors to your website
To enable comments on your website:
Go to Dashboard > Settings > Discussion Settings
Under “Default article settings“, check off “Allow people to post comments on new articles“
4. Choose products to promote to your visitors
Products can be your own physical/digital products or services, or affiliate products and programs etc.
Different kinds of products would involve different ways of promoting them and different delivery methods.
Things To Note
1. Be helpful and give good recommendations
To your visitors, you are a good source of information and being helpful and truthful will build up your trust with visitors. A trusted site owner would have higher conversion rates.
2. Be open to suggestions and criticism
Although you are able to moderate comments on your website and be selective of what you allow to be posted on your website, having more comments is always helpful.
If there are criticism against your website, accept them gracefully and try to improve from the feedback given. Treat criticisms with a positive attitude and as something to help you along your website building journey.
3. Enjoy the process of creating your beautiful website!
Needless to say, if you are having fun (like I always do when writing articles for my site here), you are likely to be more engaging to your visitors and more productive.